Re: Crush rule for "ssd first" but without knowing how much

Did I understand correctly: you have a crush tree with both ssd and
hdd devices, and you want to direct PGs to the ssds, until they reach
some fullness threshold, and only then start directing PGs to the
hdds?

I can't think of a crush rule alone to achieve that. But something you
could do is add all the ssds & hdds to the crush tree, set the hdd
crush weights to 0.0, then start increasing those weights manually
once the ssd's reach 80% full or whatever.

-- dan