Re: Ceph Bucket strange issues rgw.none + id and marker diferent.

Hi Manuel,

My response is interleaved below.

On 5/8/19 3:17 PM, EDH - Manuel Rios Fernandez wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Yes we do :
>
> time s3cmd ls s3://[BUCKET]/ --no-ssl and we get near 2min 30 secs for list the bucket.

We're adding an --allow-unordered option to `radosgw-admin bucket list`.
That would likely speed up your listing. If you want to follow the
trackers, they are:

	https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/39637 [feature added to master]
	https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/39730 [nautilus backport]
	https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/39731 [mimic backport]
	https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/39732 [luminous backport]

> If we instantly hit again the query it normally timeouts.

That's interesting. I don't have an explanation for that behavior. I
would suggest creating a tracker for the issue, ideally with the minimal
steps to reproduce the issue. My concern is that your bucket has so many
objects, and if that's related to the issue, it would not be easy to
reproduce.

> Could you explain a little more "
>
> With respect to your earlier message in which you included the output of `ceph df`, I believe the reason that default.rgw.buckets.index shows as
> 0 bytes used is that the index uses the metadata branch of the object to store its data.
> "

Each object in ceph has three components. The data itself plus two types
of metadata (omap and xattr). The `ceph df` command doesn't count the
metadata.

The bucket indexes that track the objects in each bucket use only the
metadata. So you won't see that reported in `ceph df`.

> I read in IRC today that in Nautilus release now is well calculated and no show more 0B. Is it correct?

I don't know. I wasn't aware of any changes in nautilus that report
metadata in `ceph df`.

> Thanks for your response.

You're welcome,

Eric