Re: Ceph Bucket strange issues rgw.none + id and marker diferent.

Hi Manuel,

I’ve interleaved responses below.

> On May 8, 2019, at 3:17 PM, EDH - Manuel Rios Fernandez <mriosfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Eric,
>
> Yes we do :
>
> time s3cmd ls s3://[BUCKET]/ --no-ssl and we get near 2min 30 secs for list the bucket.
>
> If we instantly hit again the query it normally timeouts.
>

> Could you explain a little more "
>
> With respect to your earlier message in which you included the output of `ceph df`, I believe the reason that default.rgw.buckets.index shows as
> 0 bytes used is that the index uses the metadata branch of the object to store its data.

Each object stored in ceph is composed of 3 distinct parts — the data, the xattr metadata (older), and the omap metadata (newer). For the system objects that manage RGW on top of ceph we often use the omap metadata. We use this for bucket indexes and for various types of logs, for example.

`ceph df` reports only the data’s size and not the two types of metadata sizes. So that would explain why you see 0B for the bucket index objects.

> I read in IRC today that in Nautilus release now is well calculated and no show more 0B. Is it correct?

I am having difficulty understanding that sentence. Would you be so kind as to rewrite it? I don’t want to create confusion by guessing.

Eric