Re: Is there a Ceph-mon data size partition max limit?

Den tors 9 maj 2019 kl 11:52 skrev Poncea, Ovidiu <Ovidiu.Poncea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi folks,

What is the commanded size for the ceph-mon data partitions? Is there a maximum limit to it? If not is there a way to limit it's growth (or celan it up)? To my knowledge ceph-mon doesn't use a lot of data (500MB - 1GB should be enough, but I'm not the expert here :)

Our long lived cluster mons have some 1.5G under /var/lib/ceph for monitors, we have given them 50-ish G on /var.
I think if you have missing/downed OSDs for a long while, they will retain info for replays which will make it grow a lot if that condition stays so you want some margin there.

We are working on the StarlingX project and need want to decide if user will ever need to resize this partition. If yes then we have to implement a good partition resize mechanism else we can leave it static and be done with it.

Just make it on an LVM volume so you can live-expand if needed.