sync rados objects to other cluster

Hi,

we need to migrate a ceph pool used for gnocchi to another cluster in another datacenter. Gnocchi uses the python rados or cradox module to access the Ceph cluster. The pool is dedicated to gnocchi only. The source pool is based on HDD OSDs while the target pool got SSD only. As there are > 600.000 small objects (total = 12GB) in the pool a

rados export ... - | ssh ... rados import -

takes to long (more than 2 hours). So we would loose billing data of 2 hours.

We will now try to add SSDs to the source cluster and modify the crush map to speed up the migration.

Are there any alternative options? Any "rsync" style RADOS tool?

All the best,
Flo