Re: Explicitly picking active iSCSI gateway at RBD/LUN export time.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 10:48 AM Wesley Dillingham
<wdillingham@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The man page for gwcli indicates:
>
> "Disks exported through the gateways use ALUA attributes to provide ActiveOptimised and ActiveNonOptimised  access  to the rbd images. Each disk is assigned a primary owner at creation/import time"
>
> I am trying to determine whether I can explicitly set which gateway will be the "owner" at the creation import time. Further is it possible to change after the initial assignment which gateway is the "owner" through the gwcli.

That's not currently possible via the "gwcli". The owner is
auto-selected based on the gateway with the fewest active LUNs. If you
hand-modified the "gateway.conf" object in the "rbd" pool, you could
force update the owner, but you would need to restart your gateways to
pick up the change.

> Thanks.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Wes Dillingham
> wdillingham@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Site Reliability Engineer IV - Platform Storage / Ceph

Jason