Fwd: HW failure cause client IO drops

Hello - Recevenlt we had an issue with storage node's battery failure, which cause ceph client IO dropped to '0' bytes. Means ceph cluster couldn't perform IO operations on the cluster till the node takes out. This is not expected from Ceph, as some HW fails, those respective OSDs should mark as out/down and IO should go as is..

Please let me know if anyone seen the similar behavior and is this issue resolved?

Thanks
Swami