Re: Ceph nautilus upgrade problem

Op 2-4-2019 om 12:16 schreef Stefan Kooman:
Quoting Stadsnet (jwillem@xxxxxxxxx):
On 26-3-2019 16:39, Ashley Merrick wrote:
Have you upgraded any OSD's?

No didn't go through with the osd's
Just checking here: are your sure all PGs have been scrubbed while
running Luminous? As the release notes [1] mention this:

"If you are unsure whether or not your Luminous cluster has completed a
full scrub of all PGs, you can check your clusters state by running:

# ceph osd dump | grep ^flags

In order to be able to proceed to Nautilus, your OSD map must include
the recovery_deletes and purged_snapdirs flags."

Yes I did check that.

No everything went fine, exactly as Ashley predicted

"On a test cluster I saw the same and as I upgraded / restarted the OSD's the PG's started to show online till it was 100%."

So I upgraded the first osd, and exactly that amount of percentage of OSD's became active.
And every server the same percentage was added.
And then finaly, with the last one I got 100% active.

So went without problems.
But it looked a bit uggly that's why I asked.

And the new Nautilus versions is really a big plus in almost every way.

Sorry for not getting back how it went. I was not sure if I should bother the mailing list.

Thanks for your time.

Gr. Stefan

[1]:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/releases/nautilus/#upgrading-from-mimic-or-luminous

P.s. I expect most users upgrade to Mimic first, then go to Nautilus.
It might be a better tested upgrade path ...