Re: inline_data (was: CephFS and many small files)

On 02/04/2019 15.05, Yan, Zheng wrote:
> I don't use this feature.  We don't have plan to mark this feature
> stable. (probably we will remove this feature in the furthure).

Oh no! We have activated inline_data since our cluster does have lots of small files (but also big ones), and
performance increased significantly, especially when deleting those small files on CephFS.

I hope inline_data is not removed, but improved (or at least marked stable) instead!

Of course, if CephFS can handle small files with the same performance after inline_data was removed, that would also be
okay. But stepping back would hurt :)

-- Jonas