Re: Access cephfs from second public network

Hi, thank's for the answer, we have seen that the client only have OSD
map for first public network ...

# cat
/sys/kernel/debug/ceph/88f62260-b8de-499f-b6fe-5eb66a967083.client360894/osdmap

you say that the cepfs clients have the same view of the cluster that
have de MON's, that's mean that MON's doesn't have the right vision of
the OSD from the second public network?

On 22/3/19 9:54, Burkhard Linke wrote:
> Hi,
>

> just my 2 ct:
>

> Clients do not access the MDS directly, e.g. you do not use the IP
> address of a MDS in the mount command.
>

> Clients contact the MONs and retrieve the MDS map, which contains all
> filesystems and their corresponding MDS server(s). The same is also true
> for the OSDs. The clients thus use the MONs' view of the cluster. I'm
> not familar with multiple IP address setups, but I would bet that a
> client is not able to select the correct public network.
>

> You can check your setup on the OSD/MDS hosts (are the OSDs/MDSs bound
> to the second network at all?), and in /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/<ceph
> client id>. The later contains the current versions of the MON map, MDS
> map and OSD map. These are the settings used by the client to contact
> the corresponding daemon (assuming kernel cephfs client, ceph-fuse is
> different).
>

> Regards,
>
> Burkhard

Andrés Rojas Guerrero
Unidad Sistemas Linux
Area Arquitectura Tecnológica
Secretaría General Adjunta de Informática
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
Pinar 19
28006 - Madrid
Tel: +34 915680059 -- Ext. 990059
email: a.rojas@xxxxxxx