Re: how to identify pre-luminous rdb images

Am 11.03.2019 um 12:21 schrieb Konstantin Shalygin <k0ste@xxxxxxxx>:

Hello list,

I upgraded to mimic some time ago and want to make use of the upmap feature now.
But I can't do "ceph osd set-require-min-compat-client luminous" as there are still pre-luminous clients connected.

The cluster was originally created from jewel release.

When I run "ceph features", I see many connections from jewel clients though all systems have mimic installed and are rebooted since then.

08:44 dk at mon03 [fra]:~$ ceph features
[...]
    "client": [
        {
            "features": "0x7010fb86aa42ada",
            "release": "jewel",
            "num": 70
        },
        {
            "features": "0x3ffddff8eea4fffb",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 185
        },
        {
            "features": "0x3ffddff8ffa4fffb",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 403
        }
[...]

These client connections belong to mapped rbd images.
When I inspect the rbd images with "rbd info" I don't see any difference in format and features.

How can I determine which rbd images are affected and how can I transform them to luminous types if possible.

Do you have krbd clients? Because kernel clients still have 'jewel' release, but upmap is supported.

that was the important hint.
we changed our kvm environment (ganeti) from kernelspace rbd to userspace rbd some time ago. but there were still VMs running from before. Now I just need to restart these VMs and all should be fine.

Thanks,
Denny

If so the kernel should be 4.13+ or EL 7.5. If that so you should append --yes-i-really-mean-it as safe workaround.