Re: Cephfs recursive stats | rctime in the future

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 11:35 AM Hector Martin <hector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 27/02/2019 19:22, David C wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm seeing quite a few directories in my filesystem with rctime years in
> the future. E.g
>
> ]# getfattr -d -m ceph.dir.* /path/to/dir
> getfattr: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
> # file:  path/to/dir
> ceph.dir.entries="357"
> ceph.dir.files="1"
> ceph.dir.rbytes="35606883904011"
> ceph.dir.rctime="1851480065.090"
> ceph.dir.rentries="12216551"
> ceph.dir.rfiles="10540827"
> ceph.dir.rsubdirs="1675724"
> ceph.dir.subdirs="356"
>
> That's showing a last modified time of 2 Sept 2028, the day and month
> are also wrong.

Obvious question: are you sure the date/time on your cluster nodes and
your clients is correct? Can you track down which files (if any) have
the ctime in the future by following the rctime down the filesystem tree?

Times are all correct on the nodes and CephFS clients however the fs is being exported over NFS. It's possible some NFS clients have the wrong time although I'm reasonably confident they are all correct as the machines are synced to local time servers and they use AD for auth, things wouldn't work if the time was that wildly out of sync.

Good idea on checking down the tree. I've found the offending files but can't find any explanation as to why they have a modified date so far in the future.

For example one dir is "/.config/caja/" in a users home dir. The files in this dir are all wildly different, the modified times are 1984, 1997, 2028...

It certainly feels like a MDS issue to me. I've used the recursive stats since Jewel and I've never seen this before.

Any ideas?

--
Hector Martin (hector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Public Key: https://mrcn.st/pub