ceph osd pg-upmap-items not working

Hello

I am trying to diagnose why upmap stopped working where it was previously working fine.

Trying to move pg 41.1 to 123 has no effect and seems to be ignored.

# ceph osd pg-upmap-items 41.1 23 123
set 41.1 pg_upmap_items mapping to [23->123]

No rebalacing happens and if i run it again it shows the same output every time.

I have in config
        debug mgr = 4/5
        debug mon = 4/5

Paste from mon & mgr logs. Also output from "ceph osd dump"
https://pastebin.com/9VrT4YcU

I have run "ceph osd set-require-min-compat-client luminous" long time ago. And all servers running ceph have been rebooted numerous times since then.
But somehow i am still seeing "min_compat_client jewel". I believe that upmap was previously working anyway with that "jewel" line present.

I see no indication in any logs why the upmap commands are being ignored.

Any suggestions on how to debug further or what could be the issue ?