Re: ceph migration

I just moved a (virtual lab) cluster to a different network, it worked like a charm.

In an offline method - you need to:

- set osd noout, ensure there are no OSDs up
- Change the MONs IP, See the bottom of [1] "CHANGING A MONITOR’S IP ADDRESS", MONs are the only ones really
sticky with the IP
- Ensure ceph.conf has the new MON IPs and network IPs
- Start MONs with new monmap, then start OSDs

No, certain ips will be visible in the databases, and those will not change.

I'm not sure where old IPs will be still visible, could you clarify that, please?

Regards,
Eugen

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/rados/operations/add-or-rm-mons/