Re: Configuration about using nvme SSD

On 2/24/19 4:34 PM, David Turner wrote:
> One thing that's worked for me to get more out of nvmes with Ceph is to
> create multiple partitions on the nvme with an osd on each partition.
> That way you get more osd processes and CPU per nvme device. I've heard
> of people using up to 4 partitions like this.

Increasing the amount of Placement Groups also works. In addition you
should also increase osd_op_num_threads_per_shard to something like 4.

This will increase CPU usage, but you should also be able to get more
out of the NVMe devices.

In addition, make sure you pin the CPU C-States to 1 and disable
powersaving for the CPU.

Wido