Re: v12.2.11 Luminous released

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 1:11 AM Mark Schouten <mark@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 08:44:51AM +0100, Abhishek wrote:
> > * This release fixes the pg log hard limit bug that was introduced in
> >   12.2.9, https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686.  A flag called
> >   `pglog_hardlimit` has been introduced, which is off by default. Enabling
> >   this flag will limit the length of the pg log.  In order to enable
> >   that, the flag must be set by running `ceph osd set pglog_hardlimit`
> >   after completely upgrading to 12.2.11. Once the cluster has this flag
> >   set, the length of the pg log will be capped by a hard limit. Once set,
> >   this flag *must not* be unset anymore.
>
> I'm confused about this. I have a cluster runnine 12.2.9, but should a
> just upgrade and be done with it, or should I execute the steps
> mentioned above? The pglog_hardlimit is off by default, which suggests I
> should not do anything. But since it is related to this bug which I may
> or may not be hitting, I'm not sure.

If you would have hit the bug, you should have seen failures like
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686.
Yes, pglog_hardlimit is off by default in 12.2.11. Since you are
running 12.2.9(which has the patch that allows you to limit the length
of the pg log), you could follow the steps and upgrade to 12.2.11 and
set this flag.