Re: v12.2.11 Luminous released

On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 08:44:51AM +0100, Abhishek wrote:
> * This release fixes the pg log hard limit bug that was introduced in
>   12.2.9, https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686.  A flag called
>   `pglog_hardlimit` has been introduced, which is off by default. Enabling
>   this flag will limit the length of the pg log.  In order to enable
>   that, the flag must be set by running `ceph osd set pglog_hardlimit`
>   after completely upgrading to 12.2.11. Once the cluster has this flag
>   set, the length of the pg log will be capped by a hard limit. Once set,
>   this flag *must not* be unset anymore.

I'm confused about this. I have a cluster runnine 12.2.9, but should a
just upgrade and be done with it, or should I execute the steps
mentioned above? The pglog_hardlimit is off by default, which suggests I
should not do anything. But since it is related to this bug which I may
or may not be hitting, I'm not sure.

> * There have been fixes to RGW dynamic and manual resharding, which no
> longer
>   leaves behind stale bucket instances to be removed manually. For finding
> and
>   cleaning up older instances from a reshard a radosgw-admin command
> `reshard
>   stale-instances list` and `reshard stale-instances rm` should do the
> necessary
>   cleanup.

Very happy about this! It will cleanup my cluster for sure! This also closes
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23651 I think?

--
Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
KvK: 61527076  | http://www.tuxis.nl/