Re: Self serve / automated S3 key creation?

Hi,

On 31/01/2019 17:11, shubjero wrote:
Has anyone automated the ability to generate S3 keys for OpenStack users in Ceph? Right now we take in a users request manually (Hey we need an S3 API key for our OpenStack project 'X', can you help?). We as cloud/ceph admins just use radosgw-admin to create them an access/secret key pair for their specific OpenStack project and provide it to them manually. Was just wondering if there was a self-serve way to do that. Curious to hear what others have done in regards to this.

We've set something up so our Service Desk folks can do this; they use "rundeck", so we made a script that rundeck runs that works, in very brief outline, thus:

ssh to one of our RGW machines, as a restricted user with forced-command

that user calls a userv service

the userv service does some sanity-checking, then calls a script that executes the radosgw-admin command(s) and returns the new keys

the rundeck user has access to user home directories, so makes a .s3cfg file with the keys returned, places them in the users' home directory[0], and emails the user (including our "getting started with S3" docs).

...with similar setup for quota adjustments, and similar.

We quota S3 space separately from Openstack volumes and suchlike.

Regards,

Matthew

[0] strictly, the users can override this behaviour with a userv service of their own

--
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE. _______________________________________________
ceph-users mailing list