Re: One host with 24 OSDs is offline - best way to get it back online

I went through this as I reformatted all the OSDs with a much smaller cluster last weekend. When turning nodes back on, PGs would sometimes move, only to move back, prolonging the operation and system stress.

What I took away is it’s least overall system stress to have the OSD tree back to target state as quickly as safe and practical. Replication will happen as replication will, but if the strategy changes midway, it just means the same speed of movement over a longer time.