Re: Recommendations for sharing a file system to a heterogeneous client network?

Robert,

Thanks, this is really interesting. Do you also have any details on how a solution like this performs? I've been reading a thread about samba/cephfs performance, and the stats aren't great - especially when creating/deleting many files - but being a rookie, I'm not 100% clear on the hardware differences being benchmarked in the mentioned test.

http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2018-May/026841.html

Regards, Ketil