Re: Is it possible to increase Ceph Mon store?

I believe the option you're looking for is mon_data_size_warn.  The default is set to 16106127360.

I've found that sometimes the mons need a little help getting started with trimming if you just completed a large expansion.  Earlier today I had a cluster where the mon's data directory was over 40GB on all the mons.  When I restarted them one at a time with 'mon_compact_on_start = true' set in the '[mon]' section of ceph.conf, they stayed around 40GB in size.   However, when I was about to hit send on an email to the list about this very topic, the warning cleared up and now the data directory is now between 1-3GB on each of the mons.  This was on a cluster with >1900 OSDs.

Bryan

From: ceph-users <ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Pardhiv Karri <meher4india@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:08 AM
To: ceph-users <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ceph-users] Is it possible to increase Ceph Mon store?

Hi,

We have a large Ceph cluster (Hammer version). We recently saw its mon store growing too big > 15GB on all 3 monitors without any rebalancing happening for quiet sometime. We have compacted the DB using  "#ceph tell mon.[ID] compact" for now. But is there a way to increase the size of the mon store to 32GB or something to avoid getting the Ceph health to warning state due to Mon store growing too big?

--

Thanks,

Pardhiv Karri