Re: Mimic 13.2.3?

I agree with the comments above. I don't feel comfortable upgrading because I never know what's been deemed stable. We used to get an announcement at the same times that the packages hit the repo. What's going on? Frankly, the entire release cycle of Mimic has seemed very haphazard.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 10:22 AM Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/04/2019 05:07 PM, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> how is it still the case that packages are being pushed onto the official ceph.com repos that people
> shouldn't install?

We're still on 12.2.5 because of this. Basically every 12.2.x after that
had notes on the mailinglist like "don't use, wait for ..."

I don't dare updating to 13.2.

For the 10.2.x and 11.2.x cycles, we upgraded our production cluster
within a matter of days after the release of an update. Since the second
half of the 12.2.x releases, this seems to be not possible anymore.

Ceph is great and all, but this decrease of release quality seriously
harms the image and perception of Ceph as a stable software platform in
the enterprise environment and makes people do the wrong things (rotting
systems update-wise, for the sake of stability).

Regards,
Daniel