Re: SLOW SSD's after moving to Bluestore

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:42:46 -0500 Tyler Bishop wrote:

> All 4 of these SSD that i've converted to Bluestore are behaving this
> way.   I have around 300 of these drives in a very large production
> cluster and do not have this type of behavior with Filestore.

And the same/similar loading (as in MBwrite/s and IOPS)?

> On the filestore setup these SSD are partitioned 20GB for journal and
> 800GB for data.

And the default layout for bluestore?
Not that it should matter, until you hit that fragmentation bug, but that
would show up quite differently and visibly in the logs.

> The systems were never powered off or anything during the conversion
> from filestore to bluestore.

So anything mentioned as well as kernel changes don't apply.

I shall point the the bluestore devs then. >.>

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Rakuten Communications