Re: all vms can not start up when boot all the ceph hosts.

Den tis 4 dec. 2018 kl 10:37 skrev linghucongsong <linghucongsong@xxxxxxx>:
> Thank you for reply!
> But it is just in case suddenly power off for all the hosts!
> So the best way for this it is to have the snapshot on  the import vms or have to mirror the
> images to other ceph cluster?

Best way is probably to do just like you would handle power outages
for physical machines,
make sure you have working backups with tested restores, AND/OR
scripts that can reinstall your
guests again if needed and then avoid power outages as much as possible.

ceph will only know that certain writes and reads are being made from
the openstack compute hosts,
it will not know the meaning of an individual write, so it can't know
if one write just before an outage
is half of an xfs update needed to create a new file or if it is a
complete transaction, so if you remove
the storage at random, then random errors will occur on your
filesystem, just like pulling out a USB
stick while you are writing to it.

If power outages are very common, you might consider having lots of
small filesystems on your guests
and mount them readonly as much as possible, and then for short
intervals have them readwrite-able
so that the chance for each partition getting broken during outages
gets as small as possible.