Re: all vms can not start up when boot all the ceph hosts.

Den tis 4 dec. 2018 kl 09:49 skrev linghucongsong <linghucongsong@xxxxxxx>:
HI all!

I have a ceph test envirment use ceph with openstack. There are some vms run on the openstack. It is just a test envirment.
my ceph version is 12.2.4. Last day I reboot all the ceph hosts before this I do not shutdown the vms on the openstack.
When all the hosts boot up and the ceph become healthy. I  found all the vms can not start up. All the vms have the
below xfs error. Even I use xfs_repair also can not repair this problem .

So you removed the underlying storage while the machines were running. What did you expect would happen?
If you do this to a physical machine, or guests running with some other kind of remote storage like iscsi, what
do you think will happen to running machines in that case?

PNG image