Re: Upgrade to Luminous (mon+osd)

There's also an additional issue which made us activate
CEPH_AUTO_RESTART_ON_UPGRADE=yes
(and of course, not have automatic updates of Ceph):
  When using compression e.g. with Snappy, it seems that already running OSDs which try to dlopen() the snappy library
  for some version upgrades become unhappy if the version mismatches expectation (i.e. symbols don't match).

So effectively, it seems that in some cases you can not get around restarting the OSDs when updating the corresponding packages.

Cheers,
	Oliver