Re: ceph 12.2.9 release

Den ons 7 nov. 2018 kl 18:43 skrev David Turner <drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx>:

> My big question is that we've had a few of these releases this year that are bugged and shouldn't be upgraded to... They don't have any release notes or announcement and the only time this comes out is when users finally ask about it weeks later.  Why is this not proactively announced to avoid a problematic release and hopefully prevent people from installing it?  It would be great if there was an actual release notes saying not to upgrade to this version or something.

I think the big question is why do these packages end up publicly so
that scripts, updates and anyone not actively trying to hold back get
exposed to them, then we are somehow supposed to notice that the
accompanying release notes are lacking and then from that divinate
that we shouldn't have upgraded into this release at all. This seems
all backwards in most possible ways.

I'm not even upset about releases having bugs, stuff happens, but the
way people are forced into it, then it's somehow your fault for
running ceph-deploy or yum/apt upgrade against official release-repos.
It's almost as if it was meant to push people into slow-moving dists
like Blue^H^H^H^HRedhat with ceph on top.