Re: Filestore to Bluestore migration question

On 11/6/18 1:08 AM, Hector Martin wrote:
> On 11/6/18 12:42 AM, Hayashida, Mami wrote:
>> Additional info -- I know that /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-{60..69} are not
>> mounted at this point (i.e.  mount | grep ceph-60, and 61-69, returns
>> nothing.).  They don't show up when I run "df", either.
> This is expected. ceph-volume with BlueStore does not use any filesystem
> at all, but rather stores its metadata in LVM tags. When the OSDs are
> activated, a ramdisk (tmpfs) is mounted on /var/lib/ceph/osd/* and then
> the minimal files to start a BlueStore OSD are created from the LVM tags.
>
> The dev-sdh1.device errors sound like systemd is still trying to mount
> the old OSDs, which used disk partitions. Look in /etc/fstab and in
> /etc/systemd/system for any references to those filesystems and get rid
> of them. /dev/sdh1 and company no longer exist, and nothing should
> reference them.

Worth noting that if, when you converted the OSDs to BlueStore, you
didn't first unmount the filesystems (and therefore you created the LVM
volumes and all that while the FileStore FSes were still mounted), I
could see that confusing the kernel a lot and causing lots of trouble.
If that happened, you should probably ensure nothing is mounted and
re-create the BlueStore OSDs from scratch (and maybe even the LVM
volumes if they don't look right) to make sure there isn't any corruption.

--
Hector Martin (hector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Public Key: https://mrcn.st/pub