Re: Disabling RGW Encryption support in Luminous

That's not currently possible, no. And I don't think it's a good idea to add such a feature; if the client requests that something be encrypted, the server should either encrypt it or reject the request.

There is a config called rgw_crypt_s3_kms_encryption_keys that we use for testing, though, which allows you to specify a mapping of kms keyids to actual keys. If your client is using a limited number of kms keyids, you can provide keys for them and get limited sse-kms support without setting up an actual kms.

For example, this is our test configuration for use with s3tests:

rgw crypt s3 kms encryption keys = testkey-1=YmluCmJvb3N0CmJvb3N0LWJ1aWxkCmNlcGguY29uZgo= testkey-2=aWIKTWFrZWZpbGUKbWFuCm91dApzcmMKVGVzdGluZwo=

Where s3tests is sending requests with header x-amz-server-side-encryption-aws-kms-key-id: testkey1 or testkey2.

I hope that helps!
Casey