Re: Mimic cluster is offline and not healing

Quoting by morphin (morphinwithyou@xxxxxxxxx):
> Good news... :)
>
> After I tried everything. I decide to re-create my MONs from OSD's and
> I used the script:
> https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/rNMPdMPhT5/
>
> And it worked!!!

Congrats!

> I think when 2 server crashed and come back same time some how MON's
> confused and the maps just corrupted.
> After re-creation all the MONs was have the same map so it worked.
> But still I dont know how to hell the mons can cause endless %95 I/O ???
> This a bug anyway and if you dont want to leave the problem then do
> not "enable" your mons. Just start them manual! Another tough lesson.

The only time we needed to manually start the mons was at "bootstrap"
time. After a reboot they are brought up by systemd ... and it keeps on
working. Have you rebooted your mon(s) after the manual start?

> ceph -s: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/m3hFF22jM9/
>
> As you can see below some of the OSDs are still down. And when I start
> them they dont start.
> Check start log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ZJQG4khdbx/
> Debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/J3JyGShHym/
>
> What we can do for the problem?
Apply PR https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/24064

I see that you are running Mimic 13.2.1 ... 13.2.2 was released a few
days ago. Not sure if this fix has made it into 13.2.2.

> What is the cause of the problem?

Somehow it looks like you hit this issue:
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/24866

Gr. Stefan