Re: network architecture questions

Hi, I read through the various documentation and had a few questions:

- From what I understand cephFS clients reach the OSDs directly, does the
cluster network need to be opened up as a public network?
All RADOS clients connect to osd's and mon's directly.
- Is it still necessary to have a public and cluster network when the using
cephFS since the clients all reach the OSD's directly?
Public and private (cluster) network is not the requirement. For most not noc guys is only additional complexity layer. If yourself or your network guys - usually Ceph networks are segregated on VLAN's over LACP LAG, for performance, monitoring and troubleshooting purposes.
- Simplest way to do HA on the mons for providing NFS, etc?
For any RADOS client mandatory option is Ceph mon address. When client is connected to first mon - all Ceph mons will be learned. So if this mon is dead client will search for another mon and connect to it.