Re: safe to remove leftover bucket index objects

So it sounds like you tried what I was going to do, and it broke
things. Good to know... thanks.

In our case, what triggered the extra index objects was a user running
PUT /bucketname/ around 20 million times -- this apparently recreates
the index objects.

-- dan