Re: A few questions about using SSD for bluestore journal

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Cody <codeology.lab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As a newbie, I have some questions about using SSD as the Bluestore
> journal device.
>
> 1. Is there a formula to calculate the optimal size of partitions on
> the SSD for each OSD, given their capacity and IO performance? Or is
> there a rule of thumb on this?

We recently updated the docs regarding sizing for bluestore:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/bluestore-config-ref/#sizing

You will want no less of 4% of your data size for block.db. For a 1TB
data device you will want 40GB for block.db