Re: BlueStore wal vs. db size

On 08/15/2018 06:15 PM, Robert Stanford wrote:

>  The workload is relatively high read/write of objects through radosgw.
> Gbps+ in both directions.  The OSDs are spinning disks, the journals (up
> until now filestore) are on SSDs.  Four OSDs / journal disk.

RGW isn't always a heavy enough workload for this. It depends on your
choice. I've deployed many RGW-only workloads without WAL+DB and it
works fine.

RBD is a perfect use-case which needs very low (<10ms) write latency and
that's not always the case with RGW.

Just having the WAL on a SSD device can also help.

Keep in mind that the 'journal' doesn't apply anymore with BlueStore.
That was a FileStore thing.

Wido