Re: BlueStore wal vs. db size

 Thank you Wido.  I don't want to make any assumptions so let me verify, that's 10GB of DB per 1TB storage on that OSD alone, right?  So if I have 4 OSDs sharing the same SSD journal, each 1TB, there are 4 10 GB DB partitions for each?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 1:59 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/15/2018 04:17 AM, Robert Stanford wrote:
> I am keeping the wal and db for a ceph cluster on an SSD.  I am using
> the masif_bluestore_block_db_size / masif_bluestore_block_wal_size
> parameters in ceph.conf to specify how big they should be.  Should these
> values be the same, or should one be much larger than the other?

This has been answered multiple times on this mailinglist in the last
months, a bit of searching would have helped.

Nevertheless, 1GB for the WAL is sufficient and then allocate about 10GB
of DB per TB of storage. That should be enough in most use cases.

Now, if you can spare more DB space, do so!

Wido