Re: bad crc/signature errors

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 2:49 PM Nikola Ciprich
<nikola.ciprich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> thanks, I'll give it a try.. do you think this might head to
> upstream soon?  for some reason I can't review comments for
> this patch on github.. Is some new version of this patch
> on the way, or can I try to apply this one to latest luminous?
>
> thanks a lot!
>
> nik
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 06:05:26PM +0200, Paul Emmerich wrote:
> > I've built a work-around here:
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/23273

Those are completely different crc errors.  The ones Paul is talking
about occur in bluestore when fetching data from the underlying disk.
When they occur, there is no data to reply with to the client.  Paul's
pull request is working around that (likely a bug in the core kernel)
by adding up to two retries.

The ones this thread is about occur on the client side when receiving
a reply from the OSD.  The retry logic is already there: the connection
is cut, the client reconnects and resends the OSD request.

Thanks,

                Ilya