Re: Read/write statistics per RBD image

OK, it will be nice feature if we can get name of rbd from admin socket, at now I’m doing this in the way you wrote.

Thanks for help,

Mateusz

From: Jason Dillaman [mailto:jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:52 PM
To: Mateusz Skala (UST, POL) <Mateusz.Skala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Read/write statistics per RBD image

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 8:48 AM Mateusz Skala (UST, POL) <Mateusz.Skala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If one VM is using multiple rbd’s then using just $pid is not enough. Socket shows only one (first) rbd statistics.

Yup, that's why $cctid was added. In your case, you would need to scrap all of them. The librbd json dictionary key for librbd contains the image name so you can determine which is which after you dump the perf counters.

Regards

Mateusz