Cephfs kernel driver availability

Is there some better place to get a filesystem driver for the longterm
stable Linux kernel (3.16) than the regular kernel.org source distribution?

The reason I ask is that I have been trying to get some clients running
Linux kernel 3.16 (the current long term stable Linux kernel) and so far
I have run into two serious bugs that, it turns out, were found and fixed
years ago in more current mainline kernels.

In both cases, I emailed Ben Hutchings, the apparent maintainer of 3.16,
asking if the fixes could be added to 3.16, but was met with silence.  This
leads me to believe that there are many more bugs in the 3.16 cephfs
filesystem driver waiting for me.  Indeed, I've seen panics not yet explained.

So what are other people using?  A less stable kernel?  An out-of-tree driver?
FUSE?  Is there a working process for getting known bugs fixed in 3.16?

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California