Why lvm is recommended method for bleustore

Folks,

I think i am going to boil ocean here, I google a lot about this topic
why lvm is recommended method for bluestore, but didn't find any good
and detail explanation, not even in Ceph official website.

Can someone explain here in basic language because i am no way expert
so just want to understand what is the advantage of adding extra layer
of complexity?

I found this post but its not i got lost reading it and want to see
what other folks suggesting and offering in their language
https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg46768.html

~S