Re: Converting to BlueStore, and external journal devices

Sounds like the typical configuration is just RocksDB on the
SSD, and both data and WAL on the OSD disk?

Not quite, WAL will be on the fastest available device. If you have NVMe, SSD and HDD, your command should look something like this:

ceph-volume lvm create --bluestore --data /dev/$HDD --block.db /dev/$SSD --block.wal /dev/$NVMe

If you only have HDD and SSD, both block.db and block.wal will be placed on the SSD, assuming you provided the --block.db option. Some more information can be found in [1].

Eugen

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/bluestore-config-ref/

Zitat von Robert Stanford <rstanford8896@xxxxxxxxx>:

Thank you.  Sounds like the typical configuration is just RocksDB on the
SSD, and both data and WAL on the OSD disk?