Re: Spurious empty files in CephFS root pool when multiple pools associated

On 03/07/18 15:09, Steffen Winther Sørensen wrote:

>> On 3 Jul 2018, at 12.53, Jesus Cea <jcea@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there.
>>
>> I have an issue with cephfs and multiple datapools inside. I have like
>> SIX datapools inside the cephfs, I control where files are stored using
>> xattrs in the directories.
> Couldn’t you just use 6xCephFS each w/metadata + data pools instead?

This is actually a good suggestion.

That was my first try. Nevertheless, multiple CephFS is an explicitly
unsupported configuration, I had to constantly fight the tools (because
having an unique CephFS is the "supported" config) and deploying
multiple MDSs (plus replicas) was complicated because I don't have
access to the servers.

I tried this first, but with those issues and after discovering "ceph fs
add_data_pool XXX", I thought I had a winner...

Knowing what I know today, I could try again the multiple CephFS option,
if I could convince "the powers" to allow an *explicitly* unsupported
configuration warming constantly about risk of losing data, hell
breaking open, etc. :).

If you ask me about why I use multiple datapools in the CephFS, it is
because being able to use different erasuse code/replica sizes, etc, for
different data. Each datapool in the CephFS could have a different
configuration, different cache tiering if needed, etc.

I am quite happy with the result, except the massive ghost objects count
in the root datapool, that I would rather prefer empty. That is
annoying, my cluster is in WARNING all the time and overriding
"mon_pg_warn_max_object_skew" is not working for me for some unknown reason.

PS: I can't change "mon_pg_warn_max_object_skew" directly. I need to
request it, sysops told me that they already did and rebooted the
monitors. Several times. I am using Ceph 12.2.5. They are annoyed and I
am too.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea@xxxxxxx - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/