Re: FreeBSD Initiator with Ceph iscsi

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 6:04 PM Frank de Bot (lists) <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've crossposted the problem to the freebsd-stable mailinglist. There is
no ALUA support at the initiator side. There were 2 options for
multipathing:

1. Export your LUNs via two (or more) different paths (for example
   via two different target portal IP addresses), on the initiator
   side set up both iSCSI sessions in the usual way (like without
   multipathing), add kern.iscsi.fail_on_disconnection=1 to
   /etc/sysctl.conf, and set up gmultipath on top of LUNs reachable
   via those sessions

2. Set up the target so it redirects (sends "Target moved temporarily"
   login responses) to the target portal it considers active.  Then
   set up the initiator (single session) to either one; the target
   will "bounce it" to the right place.  You don't need gmultipath
   in this case, because from the initiator point of view there's only
   one iSCSI session at any time.

Would an of those 2 options be possible on the ceph iscsi gateway
solution to configure?

We probably don't have the (development) bandwidth to implement a custom solution for FreeBSD. You should be able to just use targetcli to configure a one-node target using RBD as a backend, however.

Regards,

Frank

--
Jason