Re: OSDs too slow to start

On 06/13/2018 08:22 PM, Alfredo Daniel Rezinovsky wrote:

I have 3 boxes. And I'm installing a new one. Any box can be lost without data problem.
If any SSD is lost I will just reinstall the whole box, still have data duplicates and in about 40 hours the triplicates will be ready.

I understand the HIERARCHICAL crush map works this way. If I have 3 copies and 3 hosts, any host can be lost without problem (I now reboot any host for maintenance and nobody notices it)
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You will make yourself a cheerful life at the time of failure of several hosts, including the OS.