GFS2 as RBD on ceph?

Hi!

Is it safe to run GFS2 on ceph as RBD and mount it to approx. 3 to 5 vm's?
Idea is to consolidate 3 webservers which are located behind proxys. The old infrastructure is not HA or capable of load balancing.
I would like to set up a webserver, clone the image and mount the GFS2 disk as shared storage. This would also allow FTP load balancing.

Redundancy would be taken care of by ceph while the VMs share up-to-date data on all nodes.

I don't think CephFS is an option, as most files are very small and thousands of files will be opened simultaneously.

Anyone using such an approach?

Kind regards,
Kevin