Re: Ceph bonding vs separate provate public network

On 06/12/2018 02:00 PM, Steven Vacaroaia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am designing a new ceph cluster and was wondering whether I should
> bond the 10 GB adapters or use one for public one for private
>
> The advantage of bonding is simplicity and, maybe, performance
> The catch though is that I cannot use jumbo frames as most of my servers
> that needs to "consume" storage are not on 10 GB
>
> Using separate networks will allow me to take advantage of jumbo frames
> on private network

Just use bonding with 2x10Gbit. Keep it simple :)

Public/Cluster networks just complicate things without adding anything.

In my recent testing I wasn't able to find any performance difference
between Jumbo Frames or not. With the latency tests on NVMe the
performance was just the same.

Wido