Re: Why the change from ceph-disk to ceph-volume and lvm? (and just not stick with direct disk access)

Den fre 8 juni 2018 kl 12:35 skrev Marc Roos <M.Roos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I am getting the impression that not everyone understands the subject
that has been raised here.

Or they do and they do not agree with your vision of how things should be done.

That is a distinct possibility one has to consider when using someone elses code.

I seem to recall you getting told what would be required in order to get ceph-disk back.
The programmers are ceph are not willing to do the work for you, so if you want it you
would have to put in the effort.

I think the point where "more mails on the same subject" will have an effect
is past now, regardless of if you are right or wrong in your stance.

Time to decide if you can bear the horror of LVM or not. If not, then ceph might not
be for you, and that is ok. No product or program will cover everyones needs, but can
we stop rehashing it over and over?