Re: in retrospect get OSD for "slow requests are blocked" ? / get detailed health status via librados?

Am 19.05.2018 um 01:45 schrieb Brad Hubbard:
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Uwe Sauter <uwe.sauter.de@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brad,

thanks for the bug report. This is exactly the problem I am having (log-wise).

You don't give any indication what version you are running but see
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23205

the cluster is an Proxmox installation which is based on an Ubuntu kernel.

# ceph -v
ceph version 12.2.5 (dfcb7b53b2e4fcd2a5af0240d4975adc711ab96e) luminous
(stable)

The mistery is that these blocked requests occur numerously when at least
one of the 6 servers is booted with kernel 4.15.17, if all are running
4.13.16 the number of blocked requests is infrequent and low.

Sounds like you need to profile your two kernel versions and work out
why one is under-performing.

Well, the problem is that I see this behavior only in our production system (6 hosts and 22 OSDs total). The test system I have is
a bit smaller (only 3 hosts with 12 OSDs on older hardware) and shows no sign of this possible regression…

Are you saying you can't gather performance data from your production system?

As far as I can tell the issue only occurs on the production cluster. Without a way to reproduce
on the test cluster I can't bisect the kernels as on the production cluster runs our central
infrastructure and each time the active LDAP is stuck, most of the other services are stuck as well…
My colleagues won't appreciate that.

What other kind of performance data would you have collected?

	Uwe

Regards,

         Uwe