Re: RBD imagen-level permissions

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 6:27 AM, Jorge Pinilla López <jorpilo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey, I would like to know if there is any way on luminous to set
> imagen-level permissions per user instead of pool-level. If I only have
> pool level, then I could have 1 not-secured pool with clients accession
> any rbd or hundreds of little pools which are a mess.

If you search the mailing list, there are some examples of per-image
caps where a user is only granted access to "rbd_header.XYZ",
"rbd_data.XYZ", and "rbd_id.IMAGENAME" objects using the object_prefix
restriction (requires v2 image format -- as you should already be
using). It's not really a scalable solution given the manual nature of
generating the caps and the linear search nature in which objects are
validated against a user's caps.

> I have read than previously some people used object_prefix to allow the
> user only to read and write the imagen objects, is that still possible?
>
> On the official master documentation about users permissions, namespaces
> are mention but not object_prefix, I have also seen that namespaces on
> rbd is a future feature, what is the current status of the feature?, is
> there any release date or version?
>
> Until namespaces feature is implemented on rbd, I would like to know if
> there is any work-around to achive the same functionality.

Adding support for namespaces to librbd/krbd is currently one of our
high-priority items for the next release (Nautilus).

> Thanks
> Jorge Pinilla López

Jason