Ceph 12.2.4 - performance max_sectors_kb

Hi,

I have been struggling tuning performance for quite a while now

Just noticed this article
http://longwhiteclouds.com/2016/03/06/default-io-size-change-in-linux-kernel/

But I am unable to change max_sectors_kb to 1024
uname -a
Linux osd01.tor.medavail.net 4.16.3-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64

Anyone has any experince /suggestions regarding Linux IO scheduler customization in DELL PERC context ?

What is the correlation between IO scheduler max_sectors_kb and strsz ?

Any recommendations for tuning IP scheduler and PERC ?

Example:

My RAID0 drives have a stripesize of 512 while max_sectors_kb is 256
I cannot increase max_sectors_kb - should I create the virtual drives with a stripsize of 256 ?

 megacli -LDInfo -L2 -a0

Adapter 0 -- Virtual Drive Information:
Virtual Drive: 2 (Target Id: 2)
Name                :
RAID Level          : Primary-0, Secondary-0, RAID Level Qualifier-0
Size                : 558.375 GB
Sector Size         : 512
Parity Size         : 0
State               : Optimal
Strip Size          : 512 KB
Number Of Drives    : 1
Span Depth          : 1
Default Cache Policy: WriteBack, ReadAdaptive, Cached, No Write Cache if Bad BBU
Current Cache Policy: WriteBack, ReadAdaptive, Cached, No Write Cache if Bad BBU
Default Access Policy: Read/Write
Current Access Policy: Read/Write
Disk Cache Policy   : Disk's Default
Encryption Type     : None
Default Power Savings Policy: Controller Defined
Current Power Savings Policy: None
Can spin up in 1 minute: Yes
LD has drives that support T10 power conditions: Yes
LD's IO profile supports MAX power savings with cached writes: No
Bad Blocks Exist: No
Is VD Cached: Yes
Cache Cade Type : Read Only

Exit Code: 0x00
[root@osd01 queue]# megacli -LDInfo -L0 -a0

Adapter 0 -- Virtual Drive Information:
Virtual Drive: 0 (Target Id: 0)
Name                :
RAID Level          : Primary-0, Secondary-0, RAID Level Qualifier-0
Size                : 372.0 GB
Sector Size         : 512
Parity Size         : 0
State               : Optimal
Strip Size          : 512 KB
Number Of Drives    : 1
Span Depth          : 1
Default Cache Policy: WriteThrough, ReadAheadNone, Direct, Write Cache OK if Bad BBU
Current Cache Policy: WriteThrough, ReadAheadNone, Direct, Write Cache OK if Bad BBU
Current Access Policy: Read/Write
Disk Cache Policy   : Disk's Default
Encryption Type     : None
Current Power Savings Policy: None
Can spin up in 1 minute: No
LD has drives that support T10 power conditions: No
LD's IO profile supports MAX power savings with cached writes: No
Bad Blocks Exist: No
Is VD Cached: No