Re: OSDs not starting if the cluster name is not ceph

If you can move away from having a non-default cluster name, do that.  It's honestly worth the hassle if it's early enough in your deployment.  Otherwise you'll end up needing to symlink a lot of things to the default ceph name.  Back when it was supported, we still needed to have /etc/ceph/ceph.conf symlinked to our actual config file for multiple ceph tools.  It was never a widely adopted feature, and the nature open-source had a lot of people contributing tools that had never used or thought about clusters with different names.